BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Whoo Hoo

We are on day two of Tanner back to school. YAY!!

Yesterday was a bit rough. He was super upset that I was taking him and really tried hard to convience me not to. He was pulling the heart strings. The hardest one was when he told me I didnt love him cause I was taking him to school but, not his sissy. He then continued to explained how very very much he was going to miss me.
I kept it together though. We got to school tears flowing, walked in and oh my gosh all the teachers and kids were so excited to see him. But, he was not having it. He kept his head down and had this sad/angry look. He wouldnt look at anyone or say a word.
After a few mins talking to the director I walked him to his class. I gave him a hug and tried to give him a kiss but, nope still not having it. His teacher pulled him to the table and was telling him how much she missed him. Soon all the kids in his class were surrounding him and I walked out of the class.
Billy, Sydney and I picked him up at 3pm. They said it took him about 10 mins to open up and it was like old times. After picking him up we went to the park for a little play time before heading to Half Price Books. We found him a dry erase book of animal and numbers. So he was a pretty happy camper.
This morning we got up at 7am. I made him a scrambled egg and a piece of toast. He ate his breakfast and watched Lilo and Stitch on Disney. Then at 8am we left for school with no fussing.
So day two was off to a good start. YAY!!! I figure 3 weeks till I go back to work so we will ease into the earlier rise and drop off. This week we will wake at 7am and follow the same routine. Breakfast, a little tv and then off to school at 8am.
Next week it will be a little earlier and the follow even earlier. Finally March 9th when I go back to work. We will wake at 5am (well maybe I will let him sleep till 5:30) and out the door at 6am.

0 comments: