BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 17, 2011

He Hears Us

It was a long weekend. Shoot it's been a long week and a half. So much stress floating around my house and I am a worry wort so it doesnt make anything any easier. Not a fun trait or habit as it adds 10 times the stress on me.
Saturday was the PTA Rummage sale and thankfully it was pretty smooth. I was worried as I took on the project and always in the back of my mind is the concern of failure. But, I have a great group of PTA moms and friends and together we did it.
Yesterday was yet another awesome worship service at HOPWC. I just love it there. I really hope to build lasting friendships and continue my walk in Faith.
Today was the dreaded day I had worried about for the last 4 days. I prayed last night, this morning, and then while sitting in the car waiting. Tears flowing from my eyes I prayed outloud. It's something new for me to pray outloud. I am so self concious and feel I am not saying the right words. Like I'm being judged for not having a smooth, flowing, cohesive prayer like so many. But, then I remember everyone started somewhere and honestly it doenst matter. What matters is that I do it. That I have the courage to say the words and know that it is coming from my heart and soul.

It is a glorious priviledge we have been given to be able to go to the Lord in prayer. To present to him our requests, deepest desires, our fears and our praises.

Today I pray that I continue to have the courage to ask, receive, and seek Jesus in my life. I pray for my family and friends that they too will knock on the Lords door because it is always open. I pray we all are free of our doubt or uncertainty regarding his will and that we pray with full assurance, with boldness, and with the confidence of faith, knowing that he hears our prayers and answers them.


Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears up, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
~ 1 John 5:14-15

0 comments: