BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Righteous Prayer

My little family has been through some muddy water over the last year and a half. We are trying to re center our lives and home around God. So lately we have been focusing on prayer. This morning before we left the four of us joined hands in the kitchen and said a little prayer. It was a beautiful start for our day.

Later I sat in my car reading a devotional it about Righteous Prayer. That got me thinking. What and who is righteous and who gets to decide? At first I was thinking Righteous was those with the beautiful fluent biblical prayer. Yes I know silly but, hey it's me being honest.
So trying to make myself feel better I was on the hunt to find my answers.

I found the righteous are those justified by their faith in Jesus Christ. Which is all who have received Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Well now that means ME which brings a big old smile to the face!
Its Funny how when you step back and actually look at things God is there and he ties it all together; our glue. We hear it, read it, but seldom do we actually see and believe it. Well today it is in my face. God is always present in our life we are human and doubt but then when things start to align and you see it is even more amazing.
I'd like to say yesterday God was very present in our life. He answered a prayer. Something that we needed not just for the human part of us but, for the spiritual part as well. I needed that assurance and today I shout from the rooftops and praise Jesus for all my many blessings; those seen and unseen.

Today and everyday, I pray for my family, friends, and fellow christians. Bless them and keep them. I praise you Lord, for bringing my spouse and I together and blessing us with our two beautiful unique children. Protect my family, bless our home, and help us all to continue our walk with you now and forever.
Amen




The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results. ~ James 5:16

0 comments: