BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Patience OH how I lack thee

Patience
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay.

3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence


In the Bible, patience is referred to in several sections.

"through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone" Proverbs 25:14-16

"end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride" Ecclesiastes 7:7-9

"be patient with all. See that no one returns evil for evil; rather, always seek what is good for each other and for all" 1 Thessalonians 5:14-15

"fruit of the Spirit": "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law" Galatians 5:21-23

"Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life" 1 Timothy 1:15-17

Patience is a valuable virtue; Yet it doesn't fit comfortably in my daily life. How do you have patience when you feel others take advantage of your weakness? Certain things actually feel an acceptence verse having patience.
I mean where is the line? Where is it that you decide to accept something verse have patience for a change or resolve?

Yesterday I fell into an old habit. One I am trying so hard to rid. I am disappointed in myself, in the situation, and in the response. My rope is thread thin :( and I though praying and trying to be patient am feeling so confused.
It is really almost like the answer is there but, I am in denial.

0 comments: