Still trying to put into words my thoughts about this past weekend.
So I am going to just start in with the day before.
Thursday night we had our last "Prep" class for our Encounter weekend. I had a pretty crumby day. Financial issues still pounding at the door and it sent me in a mini downward spiral. I remember at one point thinking I wasnt going to go to Encounter cause my mind would be so full of worry about our bills and no paycheck coming that I wouldnt be open for what God had in store.
Billy and I fussed at one another for over an hour before heading out to our last class.
As we got ready to go in I was consumed with a major headache. I contributed it to stress as that is very common. We completed our last class and as we walked out a felt a little relief. A little tug at it was going to be ok. I needed to go this weekend.
Morning came and my head felt even worse. I ended up having to take my migraine medication twice which resulted in horrible stomach issues for a few hours. But, still I knew I needed to go. So the day pasted and Billy came home from work around 3pm and we headed out.
Dropped the kids off at my parents and hit the road. Both excited yet a little nervous about what was ahead of us. I know to many it may sound silly. But, for us it was pretty darn awesome.
ON THE ROAD
We took our time with the trip. Stopped off at HEB for snacks, and once into Kerrville even stopped for a Coffee.
When we arrived I think the nerves set in. We were the first there and just drove around the Camp skoping out the layout a bit. Even had some laughs about silly things. It was really nice to just be the Angie & Billy I remember for a few years ago. I miss that.
As everyone else started arriving I decided I was going to turn off my phone and put it in the trunk. I wanted to be sure I had no distraction.
You dont know until you try really how hard it is to truely unplug.
I can go with out TV but taking my cell means no internet, email, Facebook, Blog, and no text.
But, I did it and not only Friday and Saturday but, I didnt turn it back on until Sunday. Even then I stayed a tad away to allow the full weekend experience to do what it was going to do.
I proud to say wasnt that hard and I am proud I did it. I think had I not I wouldnt have gotten out of the weekend what I did.
0 comments:
Post a Comment