BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Run

Last year I decided I wanted to start running. I have no earthly idea where it came from. It is really kinda strange. My father was a runner and I used to see him run for miles and a few summers we would go to the track and I remember one time trying to run 1 mile and couldn't do it; yet he lapped me over and over and over. Since then I had NEVER ran all my life I would do what ever I could to avoid running. LOL
I look at myself as not good at athletic things. I mean I am not lazy. I can walk forever, I love to hike, and I love being active but not in the sense of anything remotely close to running.
But, I had this urge and so I started doing research and decided okay I could do this and set up a goal to run a 5k. Hey how hard could 3.1 miles be.

So March 1, 2011 I started my journey. It was omgosh so slow but, I was doing it. I was working my way up and where I never thought I could ever even run a single mile non stop I was. I was right at my first goal; then my crazy life got in the way. I was supposed to take part in the Mud Run 8k and money was an issue and I was not able to participate. That let down slumped me and I allowed that to taint me and I gave up. A few times after that I tried to get back to the pavement and it was one excuse after another and finally I just stopped.
I constantly look back and wished I hadn't quit so easy. I see little things in my body that had started to change and I beat myself up and know had I kept going I would have made the ultimate goal I had in my mind for 2011. I would have run the SA Rock N Roll 1/2. But fear, intimidation, life, and a few other mentions got in my way. I QUIT and I allowed all the junk to take over.
I know that was wrong. I know I want to run. Even though I am not very good and cant just hit the pavement and go for hours like others. I can run. I can go out in the beautiful world God created and just run. Taking in breath after breath, sound on sound, and sight on sight of everything. It allows me to clear my head, pour out my heart, release frustration, and prove I can do something and for no other reason then for MYSELF.
The past few days its been tugging at me more. Partly due to the New Year and everyone and everything being about getting healthy. But, I am seeing it as more. Its part of something in me and my purpose that is begging to be let out of the box I have caged around my life.
I am not sure what my plan is just yet, I'm still working through my thoughts. I just know running again is coming and it is a goal I haven't given up on. So more to come................. when I figure it out.