BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friendship

Why does friendship has to be so hard, so rocky, so darn complicated. Why cant it be like family you have a tiff and get over it cause you have to. Why does God bring people into your life and then take them away. These are all questions swirling today after a 10 year old friendship dissolved.

I wish I could say I was surprised but, sadly I am not. I think my whole life has been this way. People come in and out like flies or I move away and long distance anything is horrible. But friendship really why is it so hard to maintain as life goes on and everything changes?
I always sit back and say I wished I had grown up and lived in the same place my whole life so I would have life long friends like so many. But, then I can look around and see people that have what I think I want and they also don't have life long friends. Then on the other hand you have people that move all over the world and back and they maintain friendships. So what is the secret or better yet what is wrong with me?

Seems I attract a lot of Communal friendship: a friendship in which the friends gather often to provide encouragement and emotional support in times of great need. This type of friendship tends to last only when opposing parties fulfill the expectations of support for the relationship and then like a flash they are gone.

I am growing weary of this. Don't get me wrong I love to help, support, and do all I can for people but, I wont lie and say that it is enough. I desire true friendships. I desire having people other then my family that I can turn to in time of need and even for just the heck of it.
I know this last friendship crash and burn was mutual. Too many times of being hurt and now the distance made it easy to let it go. None the less it makes you sad.

Makes me think though. Last week we took a Spiritual Gifts test at church and no shocker my highest was Discernment and Exhortation. Lordy is that right on the money. Its yet another sign and direction pointer at my purpose but, I am lost and a little confused on how to really use it for the glory of God.

So guess I just keep being me. Keep looking to the Lord and continue to hone in on my skills till finally it makes all the sense.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Friendship you know is something I struggle with and it hurt a lot when I lost a few friends but I truly believe that God brings some people into our life for just a season others for a specific reason and a very small few for a life time. I came across this a while back and what to share with you........

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON, b ecause your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons: things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.

Hugs! I am moving but our friendship is not ending Carrie is my everything when it comes to a friend for a life time and we have NEVER lived in the same city. Don't lose hope!

~ Angie ~ said...

Thanks Kris... I know we didnt always get to see each other but when we did we always had a great time. Im gonna miss you. We will be sure to stay in contact and hey your not that far maybe we can come your way for a visit every so often.