BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Anniversary

Today marks 14 years of marriage. First thought HOLY MOLY! I sadly many times over I didn't think we would make it this far.
We have had so many obstacles, challenges thrown at us, and frankly were built on a broken foundation.
But, we have stuck it out. We have (not perfectly) lived threw each obstacle some of which are still present.
Its been a rough road and full of so much up and down.
This morning I woke my normal routine and while I got ready for my day I kept hoping B would get up and today would somehow be just a little different.
Silly that something like that would make it feel different. But, he didn't. So I left the house still dark, everyone else still sound asleep, and in to work I go.
Again like every day I call to make sure they are all awake and getting ready for the day and they are and B throws out this "oh and hey happy anniversary". Where my response was "ya you too".
Made me sad. We have hit such a rut of routine and everyday that even today our "special" day feels just the same and a special day is just an everyday.
Blah this isn't the feeling I wanted to have and I know its what I make of it. I think I am just tired and for this moment just want to let out this feeling.
Human and being real. Not the perfect marriage. Not the perfect relationship. Stuck in a rut but, still  staying hopeful that in its time like every other situation and obstacle its just a phase and soon enough it will pass.

0 comments: