BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Decisions

I think we have decided not to continue with Sydney's helmet therapy. She is on the low end of Mild Plagiocephaly by accounts of our last appointment. Cosmetic is anywhere from 0-6 and 3 weeks ago she was a 10. So that is awesome from the 16 we started at. We were having so many issues with the fit of the helmet. It was causing sores on the back of her head, a cut over her ear and then when it would move a lot it would push down on her right eye. This caused her to react by rubbing her eye and irritating it.

Final straw was when I called the Orthosis last week to express my concerns and they advised no one was there but they would call me back. Well 7 days later no call.

Over the last week I have watched her. She is so active now you hardly see her laying in one position long. That and looking at other babies heads. I think she will be just fine and if not I will except that I made the choice to not continue the therapy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know your baby best. I am sure it was a tough decision for you.. Best of luck. She is a beauty, can't wait to see her!