BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Guess we aren't safe

I was hoping I would get a few more years under my belt before the dreaded FLU struck our house. But, no such luck. Tanner woke up Friday morning complaining of body aches so I kept him home. By the evening he was running sky high fever. I was up with him most of the night. At one point his temp was 104. So yesterday morning I called the pedi's office. Good thing they have weekend clinic. They got us in and low and behold Tanner has the flu. I am just relieved it isnt the H1N1 string. Whew! They basically said what I already knew. Tons of hand washing and try to keep him away from the rest of the family as best as possible. Well to make an already stressful situation more stressful the medication they are giving (Tamiflu) is on back order at about every pharmacy. I managed to find it in capsule form out in Floresville. Just have to open the capsule and mix in something for him to take. I tried the first one whole but he hasnt gotten the idea of swallowing a pill so he ended up chewing it and that was a nasty mess. :(
Yesterday he spent the whole day sleeping. Today he finally has some of an appetite back and so far no tempature. Thank goodness.. But of coarse we are not free and clear yet. Sydney is showing signs of a cold. UGH!! a moms work is never easy or done.

I am so tired and to think I have to go to work tomorrow. Lord help me be strong and make it through this.

1 comments:

JennyMac said...

Hope everyone is feeling better!