Love is a journey. A healthy marriage is a lifelong exercise of love, fidelity, trust, understanding, forgivness, caring, sharing, and encouragement. It requires empathy, tenderness, patience, and perseverance. It requires both people to be willing to compromise and when appropriate, to apologize. It requires common sense, courtesy, and caring. Marriage is intended to bring joy.
I always like to think I am a good wife. I am faithful, always first to apologize, caring, and show my love in many ways. But, I know I am not perfect. I know my faults. I am not good at trust, forgiving, or patience.
These are my struggles and I am working on them.
Today was a perfect example. B and I are working on many things and Patience is number one on my list. This is a HUGE deal for me as I do NOT like waiting.
So lets set the tone for my morning. 3 days I have asked him to do something and for 3 days it has sat undone. Generally I would get ticked enough and just do it myself. But, how is that fair? So in a foul mood I refused to break down and do it. I wanted to just walk out the door this morning with out saying a word. But, him working on his current number one issue stopped me.
We stood in our kitchen hand in hand with our children and he said our morning prayer. Then grumbling (humbly) I said goodbye and off to work I went.
Those few little seconds took me out of the point where I was about to blow a gasket. It calmed me enough to be patient a little longer.
Dont get me wrong if I get home from work today and that chore still isnt done him saying a prayer isnt gonna do the trick. LOL :)
God is needed in the center of a marriage to make it work. The hard part is getting all parties to cooperate. God does his part without asking; but are we?
It's a lifelong commitment and with lifelong working hand in hand for the mutual benefits its possible. Possible to have a joyous Healthy Marriage!
So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate
~Matthew 19:6

0 comments:
Post a Comment