Yesterday I had the extreme pleasure of taking part in a wonderful event. Craft day for Project Hope. It was pretty amazing. I got to spend a few hours doing something I absolutely LOVE and it was for such an amazing reason.
Anyone interested in reading about or helping out Project Hope <------ Click here
I was so happy to be doing this that I took two more home to do. Tanner started asking questions and I sat with him in the dining room explaining what these boxes were for.
Then we went to my room and I let him look at all the items being placed in the box. He is such an amazing little kid with a heart of gold. He was asking me all kinds of questions and then I could see he was almost going to cry. We talked and I explained to him that it was OK to be sad and that part of the reason we were making these boxes was to help the families not leave empty handed. They will have memories, and maybe just maybe they will find Peace and Hope.
After a few more minutes of talking I decided to get out his memory box. So we sat in his room and went through all the items I had collected in his box over the last 7 years. It was really a great evening. Tanner and I finished the two boxes I brought home and now not only do I have this great feeling of joy from being a part of this but, I have wonderful memories that I shared with my son. My first born. I love him more then he will ever know. He was wanted for so long and when after 5 years of unexplained infertility and zillions of tests, medications, and procedures God finally gave us our blessing
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Beautiful Joy
Posted by ~ Angie ~ at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment