I have to constantly drill this in my brain. Earthly riches are temporary. Spiritual riches however are everlasting.
Always constantly in my face is the issues of financial distress. Man how I would LOVE to get away from this. I just want a day where I am not worried about how we will come up with the money for something. It isn't just something its the basics, the necessary needs.
Adding this to the current time of year where everywhere you look its shopping, and people spending money like they have an endless supply; makes it all the harder to not flip out and break down in tears.
Saturday Tanner and I had eye doctor appointments. I had gone back in April but hadn't gotten glasses with the new prescription until a few short while ago. Well these new glasses are not working out. I can not even explain it but man people should avoid drugs and just get eye glasses with jacked up prescriptions. LOL
Anyway, Tanner has been making comments about things being blurry when he is at school doing his work so I figured it was perfect time to just take him. We have health insurance that covers the routine eye appointment. Yeah well it covers the appointment but not the dilation and they had to dilate his eyes to get a good look and I had to have test I don't even know what it was for but I was seeing stars for a while after and woke the next day with a migraine. :(
Anyway the appointment ended with me having to pay $70 we didn't have, my prescription changing so I will have to get new glasses, and contacts, and Tanner needing glasses. All this will be out of pocket. :(
I came home and just cried. It is one thing to do with out objects, fun things, extras, but these (glasses to see) are daily needed items and I have no idea where it will come from at the moment.
After my minor pity party I snapped out of it and realized it will happen just maybe not overnight. We will figure it out and will survive.
Monday, December 19, 2011
What really matters
Anyone trusting in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like foliage.
~ Proverbs 11:28
Posted by ~ Angie ~ at 12:06 PM
Labels: Faith Journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment