BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Whoa what a feeling

To many shopping is a norm, a nothing special, a something they do all the time and don't have any second thoughts.
To us its a privilege. Being a single income family struggling to meet our basic needs is stressful and frivolous shopping just doesn't happen.
Last night I went to the mall on the hunt for a pair of pants. See each year I take extreme JOY in dressing up my family of four for Christmas. I get a little anal about the matching coordinating of our outfits. LOL
I LOVE it!!
This year with all of our struggles I hadn't even thought about it. Crazy seeing every other year I am already decided on the color and then on the hunt for all the various parts so each of us look cute and put together as a family. I don't spend a lot of money I am a bargain shopping I just put a lot of thought into the over all look and bits and pieces from each persons closet and then a few new items and oh la la we are ready. :)
Well the other night I was almost in tears when I realized I wasn't going to be able to do it this year. Things are just way to tight and there just really isn't room for anything. But, then Billy probed and asked what color and we started to think and found that we all pretty much have something I can use to put together each of us with just maybe 2 items needed.
I have not bought a new pair of pants in well over a year and Tanner needed a shirt. So after work I decided I would go look and see just what I could find.

OMGosh I hadn't been shopping in months on months. I was in heaven from all the Christmas decor, Holiday Music, and oh my word the clothes. There is so much I wished I could buy. Man how nice would it be to redo my WHOLE wardrobe. I'm a new person from 2 years ago and would love to show that on the outside and I will in time.
But, for now I found a new pair of pants (skinny jeans, who would have EVER thought) and a sweater for Tanner and I think with some more digging in our closets and fiddling I will have us all put together for Christmas just like I like. Just like I need to get and keep me; ME and in my little part of holiday spirit. :)

I love that something so many take for granted was so special and exciting to me.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Love it! You always do such a fantastic job coordinating everyone's outfits. I'm jealous. You should become a picture coordinator! I would certainly hire you to coordinate and buy all our outfits for our family pictures! :) We fashion challenged moms need your help! :P