I am preparing myself and house for a 21 day Daniel fast. I have started the process of collecting recipes and searching for food alternatives to help make meal times for me and my family successful. Billy and I are going into this 110% committed and extremely excited.
It is really crazy to look at what you eat day in and day out and see where you think you are so good yet, really we are borderline. Billy and I always joke we could "almost" be vegetarian; we really do not eat a whole lot of meat. But, then when you start looking at all the other bad things we put into our bodies it is pretty disgusting. I am really looking forward to this fast. Looking forward to riding of all the JUNK and just getting back to some good old basics. Water, Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts, and Whole Grain added with a WHOLE lot of creativity. :)
I hope not only to come closer to the Lord, but also come out with much better eating habits that will both last us a lifetime.
Monday, January 2, 2012
Prep
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled"
Matthew 5:6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You going to do any of the physical demands that Daniel, Shad, me-shack, and Bendy had placed on them? I figure being picked for the Kings service they probably had one heck of a training schedule every day. I often wonder how much they would have had to eat in order to keep up with the demands of the training schedule. I can't wait to hear all about the diet part of it. Sounds like fun, but really expensive.
Definately not a diet for me. It is a spiritual goal. During this time I will focus on prayer, study and meditation.
As for the expense I know it will be more but, the rewards will far outweigh in the end. :)
Post a Comment