BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Trucking Along

The new year is trucking along. Many things still exactly the same and others slowly seem to be falling into place. We have had some calm in our house which is awesome. We are so ready for all that 2012 has to offer and just sitting back and taking this year one day at a time is comforting.
With exception of Tanner having to go back to school we have had a great last two days. Not that him going back to school is bad it is just we haven't had him home with us to enjoy as well.
Today I got up and went to the Lab for my annual labs. I have my two year surgery follow up appointment in 2 weeks and need to be sure my labs are drawn and back before then. After I came home showered and we hit the road. We went to Brackenridge Park to feed the ducks, played, walked the Tea Gardens, and finished it off at Central Market; browsing and starting to get ready for our 21 Day Daniel Fast starting next week. It was really a beautiful day.

There are many reasons I am excited for this fast. God promises that when we pursue Him with great intensity, we will find Him. However, in order to experience the Lord in this way, the Bible says we must do something. We must seek Him with all our heart and so this is why I will do this. I will fast and pray for the Lord's will to be done in my life. I am also excited for just simple things that will come from this as well such as my love for cooking and being creative.

"You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13

0 comments: